Friday, July 20, 2012

"Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times? As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells . . . and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower . . . both strange and familiar." -Cornelia Funke

Well, unfortunately I'm still sick today. However, instead of taking a two hour nap and being groggy for the rest of a perfectly good Friday, I've decided I will read The Historian, maybe go shopping with my roommate, then make a skillet cake. Take a look: Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake. Doesn't it just look delicious? So I might try that. Let's hope it turns out better than my chocolate popcorn . . .

In other news, here's a great couple of videos I found on YouTube (and really, although it seems like I spend a lot of time on YouTube finding these great videos, I really don't):

Part 1:

Part 2:

And here's a clip of Maggie Smith and Penelope Wilton that I just think is hilarious and sweet. Maggie Smith is amazing.


So enjoy! I'm off to the store to get buttermilk so I can make my delicious (hopefully) cake and get better. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment