Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -G. K. Chesterton

I have always loved fairy tales.  I grew up watching Cinderella and Snow White, and when my friend brought a book of Grimm's original fairy tales in sixth grade, I read it during every break I could get in class.  I didn't really appreciate them until I was older, though.  Fairy tales have a magical quality that draws people to them.  They can captivate the reader and take you to a new world.  Recently, there's been a new show that I watch called "Once Upon a Time."  At first, I thought it looked weird and corny, but two people told me I should watch it within five minutes of each other.  So I did.  Here's the trailer:


Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I got to go home.  It was a well-needed visit.  I was behind on laundry, eating, and family time.  I ended up getting all of those, some in excess.  This year, I made four pies, cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole.  It was so nice to have all the ingredients you need right there, unlike college cooking.  I also loved talking to my mom and meeting my sister's friends.  I love Thanksgiving.  Probably more than Christmas.  There's something so special about spending days prepping for a big meal, gathering the family together, and recognizing all the things there are to be grateful for.  Plus, it's the start of the winter and Christmas season, which is the best part of the year.  Other than finals.  So with that, I better go study for those finals.  I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs, "White Christmas" by none other than Bing Crosby.  Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment