Thursday, August 18, 2011

"My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes. That's a sentence I read once and I say it over to comfort myself in these times that try the soul." -Anne of Green Gables

Okay, so this quote doesn't exactly fit my day.  I don't feel like my life is a "perfect graveyard of buried hopes," but I just love this quote in the movie Anne of Green Gables.  My mom and I just finished watching the two movies and I love Anne's dramatic lines and Marilla's sensible wit.  So I was looking for the trailer to post on here, but then I saw this video that pays tribute to heroines in some of my favorite films ever:


I mean, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Gone With the Wind, Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Little Women are all movies and books that I love and watch repeatedly!  All of these stories have dramatic leading ladies that have such spunk and gumption!  Which reminds me of another movie with Kate Winslet, The Holiday.  Great movies. :)  Plus the song in the background fits (not with the video, in my opinion), but with this summer.  The dog days do really seem to be over!  Bring on the fall.  But I'll also post the trailer that I found for Anne of Green Gables:


And yes, Diana.  I do think Gilbert is quite handsome.  :)  So enjoy!  Later. :)

1 comment: