Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Heels are a male invention designed to make women's butts look smaller . . . and to make it harder for them to run away." -Viola, She's the Man

First, I'd just like to say that She's the Man is a great movie.  No matter how many times I watch it, it can still make me laugh.  Secondly, I chose this quote because today is a monumental day.  Today I bought my first pair of high heels!  Okay, I know that this is just reinforcing my granny-like ways, but I have always stuck to the ground.  Gravity has never been on my side.  Flip-flops, ballet flats, and tennis shoes all have a spot in my closet, but never before have I owned (or even worn) a pair of high heels.  So today's purchase was monumental.  I should get my own statue. :)

Upon arriving home, I slipped my poor unsuspecting feet into the high heels and practiced walking around the house in them.  I must admit, it was much easier to walk in them imitating Elle Woods (hands up by the shoulders with a bag dangling from one elbow and a chihuahua in the other) than to try to walk normally, so the practice was fairly ineffective.  I guess the only way to find out if I can truly walk in the is to wear them in public and pray that I don't break my ankle . . . or worse:  fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment