Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Be not afraid of greatness: some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them" -William Shakespeare

So I've kind of abandoned this poor blog...but not completely!  I have just found that with homework and having a life, I can't post every day.  In summer it was easy...I had hours each day to think of a quote or find a cool song, but now every spare moment is used to study German vocabulary or make a snack with the roomies.

But this quote is now on my dry-erase board over my head in my room.  I dedicated it to Novak Djokovic, who just won the US Open (tennis).  I knew he could do it, and he didn't let me down!  When I was younger, I remember watching figure skating, and rooting with my whole heart and soul for Sasha Cohen.  But time after time, she'd fall at her most pivotal moment.  She never got gold in the whole time I watched her.  Finally I have an athlete that I can actually say, "I was rooting for him from the time he was ranked 132 in the world until he made it all the way to #1."  That's right.  :)  He was obviously born great.  And achieved great. :)

So with that, I'll just post a song that doesn't really relate.  My new roommate loves Maroon 5, and if you haven't noticed, stuff tends to sink in after a while.  I didn't love or hate Maroon 5 before, but with constant repetition, it starts to sound a bit funner and I start listening to it in my spare time.  I actually really like Adam Levine's voice.  It's just different and so interesting.  So here's his new song called "Stereo Hearts":


I don't like rap, but for some reason it doesn't bother me in this song.  So enjoy!  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment