Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Blessed are they who heal you of self-despisings. Of all services which can be done to man, I know of none more precious." -William Hale White

I loved this quote when I read it, just because it's so true.  Up here at college I really have gone through times where I just despise myself.  Sometimes after an exam that went badly or just looking in the mirror after a long, hard day, I just feel disgusted with myself.  No matter what, though, my roommates never let me say bad things about myself.  They counter every bad thing with something good.  And even though it doesn't make a bad day good, or a mean thought about myself nice, it does help.  It just makes me realize that I shouldn't judge myself based on my hardest and worst days.  So that must mean that my roommates are really blessed.

This week has been crazy busy.  It's Homecoming week, which means there are all sorts of activities ALL THE TIME.  Plus I've had papers, quizzes, vast amounts of homework, and I was getting low on groceries and clean laundry.  In other words, I was swamped.  Usually when I get swamped one of two things happen.  I either handle everything efficiently and organized, or I freak out and have a mental breakdown that usually includes crying and all that fun stuff.  This week was a little of both, but it's been a good week all the same. :)

So when I get stressed, it helps to have some fun music.  Right now, I am really liking the new Pandora layout.  It's so much faster and lots prettier!  My favorite station right now is Ellie Goulding Radio.  It's really fun.  I just heard a song that I really liked, so I'll post it here.  It's called My Love by The Bird and the Bee:


So enjoy!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment