Saturday, September 17, 2011

"I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself." -Marlene Dietrich

This sums up my blog perfectly.  With a quote, you have authority.  You get the satisfaction of realizing, "Yes, that makes sense!" or "That's just what I was thinking about!"  Someone important can say something that you can't quite put into words, and their quotes can shed light on your emotions.  I'm convinced that you can tell a lot about what people are going through by what quotes they like.  It's fascinating, actually. :)

Here in my new apartment, I brought a dry-erase board.  It came with five dry-erase markers.  This has come in handy.  I love quotes (as you can probably see...I have a blog about quotes) so whenever I find a quote I like, I can just write it down and see it for a week.  Like I mentioned before, this week's quote is Shakespeare (dedicated to Novak Djokovic).  It might be cheesy, but I like it.  :)

I think it's kind of funny.  I have a blog about quotes.  And now I have a post about quotes.  So if I include a quote in this post, then it's a quote in a blog post about quotes in a blog about quotes.  Hey, it makes sense in my head.  Keep up. :)  So I'm going to post a quote that I just found and really like by Barbra Streisand:  

"You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it."

I really liked this quote at the moment.  I've been struggling a bit trying to figure out if I really should go into English.  I just haven't had the "moment" that everyone talks about where they just really knew it was for them.  But then I realized, through working for it, I'm finding out so much about myself.  That sounds super cheesy and really self-centered, but it's kind of true.  I really do feel like if I end up with my major as English, it really will be right for me.  And I can always go to grad school! :)

So to lighten up the mood a little, I'm going to post a song.  Most people have heard it, but I just love it.  It always makes me happy.  And when I hear it I want to travel. :)  It's called Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros:


So enjoy!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment