Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

I have always loved this quote, because it gives me hope.  I feel like I live in fear.  My family has proclaimed me a hypochondriac, I'm terribly shy, and I am the furthest thing from spontaneous you'll ever meet.  In other words, fear rules my life.  I fear the unknown and the unplanned of life.  And it's crazy, because some of the best times I've had were the times where my I had no plans.  One time I was on this bike trip with a group from my church.  We were just riding along when a sudden storm hit.  We had to veer off the path and take refuge under a freeway underpass.  It turned out being funner than any other activity we had planned to do!

I also liked this quote because when I looked up the author I found out that Ambrose Redmoon was a pseudonym.  The author's real name was James Neil Hollingworth, which is kind of what I'm doing.  Again with the fear thing, I didn't want anyone that I knew to read my blog, so I didn't use my real name.  But I'm glad I just have a spot to write what I feel without worrying about judgement.  Someday, though, I will be able to say that I know living life is more important than living in fear.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment