Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow." -Anthony J. D'Angelo

I am getting so excited to go back to school!  It's only a month now until I go back, but it's going to fly.  I just want to get back to classes and homework and sitting in the library every afternoon to get things done.  I love school, and I love learning.  I know that sounds cheesy when someone says they love to learn, but it shouldn't. Learning is something so valuable to me.  That's why I liked this quote by Anthony J. D'Angelo.  When we are learning, we are growing.

I looked up Anthony J. D'Angelo and found out that he empowers college students to get an education, not just a degree.  And from my first year at college, I know it'd be very possible to do just that:  get a degree, but no real education.  In the classes I didn't like, I could do the bare minimum and still get out with a great grade.  I would go to class each day and listen half-heartedly and doodle in my notebook or watch the guy in front of me nod off to sleep while never doing the out of class readings.  But those classes became a waste of good money for me.  Why would I pay the huge chunk of tuition money to sit back and daydream for an hour instead of learning?  So this semester, I'm going to make the most of the college costs by taking all of my classes seriously, because I really do love learning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment