Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." -Cobb, Inception

Lately, I've been plagued with strange dreams.  They aren't nightmares, but they leave me feeling out of sync for days.  Sometimes I wonder if dreams have more to them than we think, like our brain or subconscious is trying to tell us something, or if they are just fragments of reality that piece together to sort out our muddled minds each night.  I think it's a mixture of both.  For example, the emotions in my dreams could be reactions to what's going on with my life right now.  My sister being mad at me in my dream could just be my feelings of distance from her lately.  And the neighbor down the road that randomly showed up in my dream could just be a random piece of my day that was being sorted.  The truth is, I don't really know why I dream what I dream, but I'd be lying to say that they don't matter.

This quote from the movie Inception came to mind today of all days.  I didn't particularly like the movie, but this line about dreams makes sense to me. And it seemed to go along with what's been going through my mind today.  Dreams are weird.  And they've left me feeling weird all day.  But just to end on a more normal note, here's a song called Dream by Priscilla Ahn that I think is nice and relaxing (plus it's in one of my favorite movies).

No comments:

Post a Comment