Monday, July 18, 2011

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain; What a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again." -Don Lockwood, Singing in the Rain

Is there anything better than a rainy day?  For me, nothing beats curling up next to the window and watching the rain pour down.  Everything about a rainy day makes me happy.  Like when you first wake up, not to the bright sunny day as usual, but to a dark, cloudy sky and the feel of the wind pulling in a storm.  I'm convinced that the only way to make the grass greener is the lighting of a rainy day.  I don't know when I started my obsession with rainy days, but they seem to have the opposite effect on me than all of the cliches about rain.  But the movie Singing in the Rain has always been a favorite of mine.  When Gene Kelly starts his doodly-doodles, it makes me want to go sing in the rain for myself...and I don't sing! :)  Here's the video:


Now, I have to admit, it isn't actually raining yet, but today has the afternoon thunderstorm feeling!  Which would be the perfect start to the week, in my opinion. :)  And one day, I will go to Ireland and live in a place that sounds like it'd be perfect weather for my taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment