Friday, July 15, 2011

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -Ghandi

I know, it's so typical to start off with a Ghandi quote.  But this quote seemed to capture the perfect starting point for my blog.  Since I'm going to be sharing my thoughts, I might as well start with a quote about thinking.  I have always loved quotes by Mahatma Ghandi.  His quotes are some of the most often quoted quotes that we hear, and this specific one is a very basic idea.  What we think we become, so I should really get thinking!

Just to explain a little bit about me and why I would even want to start a blog, I'm a college student that's off for the summer.  Being at home and not having classes has been more than relaxing....sometimes I feel like I'm doing so little, my brain is melting and shrinking to half its size.  I try to find ways to keep myself busy, but nothing keeps my mind going like reading good books and writing just to write.  Sometimes I forget how fun it is to write with no expectations of being read by peers or professors!  Along with a great soundtrack, I've decided that this blog will help me to stay sane and never forget the joy of writing, even when I have to write a twenty page paper about air pollution! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment