Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

I got to go see the last Harry Potter movie today.  It came out last Friday, and I am so glad I got to see the end of the Harry Potter series.  I feel like I've grown up with Harry Potter.  It seems like I've always been looking forward to standing in line for the next book, or anticipating the trailers to the next movie throughout my whole teen years.  And as the Harry Potter world finishes up with the last movie in the theaters, I feel like a part of my childhood is drawing to its close.  I felt the same way with Toy Story 3 last summer.  It's a weird feeling to be so a part of something that is finishing up.  It's sad in a way, but I felt like the movie could not have been made any more perfect!

I had an interesting experience in the theater though.  Right during the climax of the movie, the screen went black, leaving the entire theater to only hear the most intense moment instead of see it.  Wow.  People freaked out.  As the mob formed with pitchforks and torches to storm the film booth, I just laughed as the rows ahead of me frantically pressed their hands over their ears and swung around to glare in the general direction of the sound booth.  I guess it was kind of mean to laugh at their pain, but I can't be held responsible for my reaction in an intense situation. :)  But it turned out better than great when they skipped the movie back a scene so we could re-watch the leading up scene to the climax.  And as we were leaving the theater, we were handed gift cards for one free movie and a sincere apology.  Apology accepted!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment