Friday, July 27, 2012

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril." -Winston Churchill

I am SO excited for the 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony! There is just something about the Olympics, and the history and tradition of it all, that makes everything magical for a couple of weeks. The world really does come together to compete.

So, instead of blabbering on about the traditions and history of the opening ceremonies, I will just post these videos. If you have a few minutes, they are completely worth it!

Here is the lighting of the Olympic cauldrons from 1968 to present (there are some really cool ones here!):


The official 2012 London Olympic song, by Muse, called "Survival" (but my favorite part by far is Djokovic toward the end):


And to finish off, the last thing I'll post before I go get the tea and crumpets ready for the London opening ceremonies is this video of the Beijing opening ceremonies:


You might have to watch those on YouTube. Anyway, I just really loved Beijing Olympics. They were the most amazing opening ceremonies I have ever seen. While I'll try not to compare the two, I probably won't be able to stop myself from comparing a little bit. Whatever London does, I'm sure it will be a fabulous Olympics anyway. GO Team World! But especially, Go Team Novak!

I might give the weekend a break, but I'll be back soon, so don't worry. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment