Friday, July 13, 2012

"Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it." -Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham

Yes, that is a quote from Downton Abbey. Like I've said, I'm obsessed. But in other news, it is only two days until my young little blog's birthday. Can I just say that I'm so proud of it so far? I love the renovations I've made and all the quotes I've accumulated here. I hope to keep it going for much longer. The birthday celebration is in the works, so I hope I can actually make it to this blog on Sunday. My weekend was looking open, empty, and lonely. But now it looks full, busy, and full of family that I need to see. Don't worry, though, by Sunday night, this blog will have a full on birthday surprise. I just haven't completely figured out what I'm going to do. Hopefully it'll be grand.

Can't you imagine driving a little Irish car down this road?
As for today, I'm watching Downton Abbey to pass the time until I go home and see my twin sister. Although she makes me angry, and we don't understand each other 90% of the time, it is always good to go on our traditional drives with our beloved truck Demetri and catch up. But mostly, I'm excited to go home again. There is just a relaxed feeling at home that I don't experience in college apartments. I can relax because I don't have to worry about taking care of an empty apartment or being social with roommates. When I'm home, I can hang out and talk to my family, or I can just go to my room and watch Downton Abbey on repeat. However, that level of relaxation isn't good for extended periods of time (I end up getting lazy and more anti-social than I usually am), which is why I moved away from home to go to college. Well, one of the many reasons.

I can just see myself there.
Speaking of being away from home, I have a strong desire to travel. This summer, I've been feeling a road trip, but with the rising gas prices, lack of car, and lack of people to accompany me, I don't see it happening. Which is surprisingly okay with me. I'd like to think that all of these summers with no vacation are adding up to a big vacation in my future. Other than road trips to places on this continent, one of the places I most want to visit one of these days is Great Britain. I want to see Ireland, England, Scotland, all those wonderful places. I want to sit outside Wimbledon and eat strawberries and cream. I want to live in England for a while and get all the BBC channels (there are several, imagine that!), with unedited versions of the shows I love. I found out that PBS specially edits BBC shows. Like Sherlock and Downton Abbey. I think that's weird.

Anyway, so I'm going to go now. My family is on their way to pick me up and bring me home! So with that, here's a song until tomorrow. It's sung by the same person that sang the vocals on the Downton Abbey soundtrack. It reminds me of Lord of the Rings a bit. Plus, when I listen to it with my eyes closed, I can imagine I'm flying over the Irish countryside. So have a listen:


Beautiful, isn't it? And this is what I see when I listen to it with my eyes closed:


I actually used to pair that video of Ireland with this song. I'd mute the Ireland flyover video and watch it while this song played on a different tab:


However, I think video #1 fits it just as nicely. So enjoy those! And here's my confession of the day: I would consider applying for the Bachelor just so I could go to awesome, beautiful places like Croatia, Prague, or Switzerland. Not really, but still. Maybe I'll just be on the Amazing Race. That'd be much easier. Well, that's all for today! I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment