Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." -Winston Churchill

This is what I feel like doing. Unfortunately, I don't look like this.
Honestly, I didn't feel like blogging a whole lot today. I just feel crummy, and my throat hurts. For some reason, when it hurts to speak out loud, I don't feel like talking via typing either.

Whatever I'm feeling, I definitely wanted to blog this quote. Too often, I think, we let this happen. We only appreciate the strategy, without any regard for the actual result. The appearance of something seems better than reality. Sometimes I come across this with the idea of logic. Logic and reason are often portrayed as faults in classic literature, like Doctor Faustus and Paradise Lost. Logic leads to the character's downfall. I'm not saying logic is bad, and if you use it, you'll be the next Satan. Instead, I'm just saying that no matter how beautiful the strategy or logic of the strategy sounds, make sure to check up on the results as well.

I look like this instead.
That's pretty much all that's been on my mind, and that was yesterday. Today, I am just dead tired, and a little annoyed, honestly, because of an accumulation of busy work at my internship, inconsiderate roommates, and sickness. I hate being sick.

So that's all I have to say today. I'll be in a better mood tomorrow, because I'm going home to watch the Olympics! The opening ceremonies are always my favorite part. I love seeing all the countries gather their athletes together and the host country putting on an exhibition of the best they have to offer. I'm in a better mood just thinking about it, actually! I would say "Go Team USU," but really, I root for whoever I feel like deserves it. So for now, "Go Team World." Remember last year, when I was missing the Olympics? I predicted that Djokovic would win that year's U.S. Open, and he did. If you want to read what I thought about the Olympics last year or watch the awesome Beijing opening ceremony drums, click here. That was also a perfect quote for the coming weeks.

And okay, I know this isn't a confessional or whatever, but for some reason, I feel like unloading all of my guilty secrets here. Okay, once upon a time, I thought this weird little teeny-bopper band called One Direction was Justin Bieber x5. I thought they all had weird floppy hair, wanna-be-cool attitudes, and peppy songs about how beautiful their teeny-bopper fans are. Which are all things that are true, turns out. However, despite all that, I have fallen into the trap of the cute little British boy band. Maybe it's because they're British. Maybe it's because I'm secretly in love with the Irish guy. Or maybe it's because somewhere, deep down, I need that uplifting boost their songs give their fans. Whatever it is, take a listen, and judge me accordingly.

Here's my favorite one:


And then the next one:


And their most famous one:


So yeah. Judge me or whatever, but you have to admit. They're a little bit adorable. They just make me happy, which is always good. Until tomorrow, enjoy playing each on repeat. (I know you will.) Be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment