Friday, August 19, 2011

"Breathe this beautiful world, together moving in the same direction . . . every one connecting." -Joy Williams

So in the past two days, I have gone to two movies in the theaters.  Last night, my two friends and I went to see The Help as a last hangout before we all go our separate ways back to college.  It was a great movie, with lots of heart and a meaningful message.  Each character is relatable to in some way, even the "bad guy" Hilly Holbrook.  There is just something in each of the characters that is completely human and personable.  I loved everything about it.  Here's the trailer:


And then today, my mom and I went to One Day to use the rain check tickets we got for our Harry Potter experience.  It was such a different experience.  I hated the movie.  I don't know why, but the whole movie felt slimy and cheap.  It seemed like there was no happiness in the world.  I was disappointed by it, because it looked so promising with the attractive Jim Sturgess and all.  But it was one of the only movies I've gone to the theaters to and actually wanted to walk out.  And I should've.

But there was one bright spot in the dark gloom of the movie:  the previews.  The Vow preview didn't look like a movie I want to see that bad, but I heard a new song in it that I really liked!  So my day was not in vain. :)  So here is "We Are" by Joy Williams:


I thought it was a great song, and it just makes me happy.  So enjoy!  And if you're going to a movie anytime soon, I'd recommend The Help for sure.  Well, I'm off to go watch Gilmore Girls with my mom!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment