Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"This could be the start of a new day / We could be the change." -Abandon

Today turned out to be an average day . . . . I went shopping with my mom and grandma at this cute little gift store boutique place that we go to every year.  It was weird to go without my sister, though, because it was a tradition that we all went together.  I did get a bracelet that is super cute!  It's made of jade and it has this hand-carved elephant on it (and the elephant's trunk is up, which I think means good luck!) and it came with this card that explained what each component means.  Call me cheesy, but I love stuff like that!  Firstly, I'm sold on anything with elephants or handcrafted details from India or somewhere cool like that.  And secondly, I love when things have meaning behind them.  To me, it's more special to wear a bracelet that signifies long life and strength than to just wear a pretty bracelet made in China . . . but that just might be my spoiled and snobbish ways . . . . :)

So I haven't really been spending time on YouTube lately.  My mom and I are having a crazy movie marathon before I go back to college next week.  We're watching Anne of Green Gables tonight, and Gilmore Girls the rest of the time!  We still have list of movies we want to watch, though, like My Big Fat Greek Wedding,  Parent Trap, and Gone With the Wind.  Who knows how far we'll get, but we're trying our best!  :)

So here's a song that I heard on a Food Network commercial a month or two ago and I really liked.  It's called "Live it Out" by Abandon:


So enjoy!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment