Monday, August 22, 2011

"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door." -Paul Beatty

So this post is going to be a little random and disjointed, but here it goes anyway!  So I liked the quote, it just doesn't fit into anything I did today.  It started out as a very productive day!  But it turned into a movie day. My mom and I, as I have mentioned before, have been frantically trying to finish our list of movies before I go back to college on Friday.  It's come to watching all afternoon and into the night.  Right now is one of our breaks!  :)  So today we watched Something Borrowed and even though everyone I've watched it with (except my mom) says it has messed up morals and say it's hard to root for the main characters, I just like the movie.  I love the characters.  I think as we watch movies, we want the characters to be perfect, like the perfect guy, the perfect friend, the perfect hair, but in all reality, these people don't exist.  I still liked this movie, even though the characters are flawed.  Here's the trailer:


And then, we watched Sixteen Candles, which felt like a right of passage.  I've never seen a John Hughes film before, so it was an experience.  I mean, that guy (his name is Jake, I think) is so attractive.  He's timelessly attractive.  Even though it was made in the '80s, he looks like he could be Superman in the modern movies.  Sometimes the characters are good-looking for their time, but he is just as attractive then as he is for today!  Here's a picture:


I mean, seriously.  He looks like Superman.  :)  Anyway, I've got to go!  So enjoy . . . . I know I did. Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment