Monday, August 1, 2011

"Short is the joy that guilty pleasure brings." -Euripides

Today is Monday.  Monday, for the past couple months, has meant one thing for me:  The Bachelorette.  I am ashamed to even admit it, because I'd rather keep myself in denial and say that I only tuned in each week to make fun of it.  But somewhere in the middle of Ashley getting dumped by Bentley (I mean, how awful was he?!) and finding her prince charming(s), I started to look forward to Monday nights.  Not just because it was a perfect time to criticize all of the shallow people that were on the show and all of those dumb enough to watch it seriously (which, of course, I was definitely NOT....), I got swept up into the plotted drama and actually started to care.  I started to root for Ashley instead of making fun of her annoying habit of constantly fixing her hair during the most tense moments.  It became the guiltiest of guilty pleasures.  I am definitely not going to watch another season, but every time I see a headline about Ashley and J.P., I'm sure I'll be drawn into it and just have to read it.  And I've learned to never say to myself, "Oh, I'll just watch the premiere episode, just to see if there are any cute guys."  :)

Another guilty pleasure is a music video I found.  I couldn't put the lyrics in the title of my post, because this song is made up of basically four lines that are repeated over and over.  And over.  And they aren't exactly quotable.  It's one of the most annoying songs, and I've found that randomly quoting even one line from it will create a chain of groans around a room.  So with that lovely introduction, I give you a famous song that everyone has heard, but no one has liked (except me, somehow):


I guess I shouldn't post a video that I have no idea what's in it past the first couple of minutes (I think you get the picture from the first round of the chorus), but I just had to post it since it's turned out to be guilty pleasure night anyway!  This song was in a random commercial that I only half listened to, and yet it got stuck in my head for a full three days.  I've already annoyed my mom and the cat with it, so I've made myself proud. :)  So enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment