Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Sense will always have attractions for me." -Jane Austen

Okay, I know I said that I watched Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility yesterday, but I finished watching it today.  I love that movie.  I had never given it much of a chance before.  I was younger, and it was a bit more boring to me than Mr. Darcy's very unsubtle prejudices and Lizzy's obvious pride.  But now that I've gotten older, I watched it with new eyes.  I loved every moment of it, from Colonel Brandon's every glance (played by the same actor that plays Snape in Harry Potter) and the oh-so-subtle romantic gestures of Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars.  I realized how romantic the little things can be, like a glance across a room or a brush of a hand.  In modern movies, I think that's lost when the directors decide to go big to get the point across.  Here's the trailer for the movie:


I mean, it's hard not to fall in love with this movie and its all-star cast (even Hugh Laurie is in it!), and it's the perfect movie for a day at home.  I definitely think this ranks up with Pride and Prejudice!  So enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment