Thursday, August 25, 2011

"But all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time." -Mitch Albom,

So today is my last day home.  Tomorrow I move back to college.  I'm so excited but there is still sooo much I have to do.  There are, like, 50 lists I still have to write!!  But I'll get it done.

Today I'm spending the day packing and watching Gilmore Girls with my mom.  So it'll just be a kind of family day minus my two siblings.  This summer I have really felt the reality of being an only child, or as I like to call them, a lonely child.  I pity them, because they don't even know what they're missing out on.  I mean, they get plenty of attention....PLENTY....but they don't have anyone close to their age that they can fight with, and rely on in social situations, and talk to about the things you don't want to talk to your parents about.  I can't imagine life without siblings.

So something funny happened last night.  Yesterday, I quoted Lily Tomlin, someone that I had to look up before I posted her quote because I didn't know who she was.  I had never seen or heard about her before.  But then, last night, before my mom and I started watching Gilmore Girls, the Cooking Channel was playing.  It was this show called Extra Virgin or something, and I'd never seen it before.  But who showed up at the dinner as the lady's best friend?  Lily Tomlin.  I mean, is that coincidence?  Because that's just weird! :)

So I've got some playlists ready for moving into my apartment, so I'll just share a song I like called "Hey Mama" by Mat Kearney:


So enjoy!  I'm off to pack. :)

1 comment:

  1. One Door Closes and another opens.
    Its like the same thing. One oppertunity closed and another is opening.

    ReplyDelete