Friday, August 26, 2011

"People . . . people who need people . . . ." -Barbara Streisand

I moved into my apartment today.  My room roommate isn't coming until tomorrow, and I knew that.  But my old room roommate who's now just a roommate decided to come tomorrow too.  So here I am, sitting in my six-girl apartment, all alone.  I briefly met one roommate, but I already forgot her name.  And the other two have yet to show up.  I'm sorry, but is it considered early to move in on the Friday before classes start?  Just wondering.

So with this empty apartment, and all of my stuff organized and put away, I have finally found out I'm a people person.  I need people around me.  All I've been craving all afternoon has been to go out to the kitchen and talk to my mom as she makes dinner, or go to my friends room and help unpack.  I want someone here to talk to, and I don't know anyone yet.

In times like this, I turn to a beloved show like Gilmore Girls to have a familiar friend around, like Paris or Lorelai or Emily that I know and love.  I can't talk to them, but I can forget for a little while how much I miss home, and instead get wrapped up in their story.  So with that I'll post the song I quoted...it was the only thing I could think of today.  It's "People" by Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl:


So enjoy!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment