Monday, August 15, 2011

"It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation." -Roberto Benigni

Lately, it seems like gratitude has been a constant theme in my life.  Every lesson in church, every person I talk to, every movie or clip that I watch has somehow been about gratitude and saying thank you.  I've realized that I don't say thank you as much as I should . . . and as the quote suggests, that would mean that I'm mediocre . . . which is not something I want to be.  :)

See, I'm grateful that my sister came home this past weekend and hung out with me for the last time until Thanksgiving (most likely).  It was a fun weekend, and today I've found myself missing her.  Last year at this time, we were both about to be freshman in college and we were both excited to go our different ways.  We missed each other a little bit, but we were so caught up in the newness of everything and the fun of school that we didn't have time to start missing each other.  But somehow, I've finally started to miss her.  I am glad, though, that she came home and hung out for a while.

Another thing that happened that I'm grateful for is the big storm last night.  I love rain and lightning, and last night it lit up the sky.  It was really a great show!  Speaking of showing, I don't have any YouTube clips, but tomorrow maybe I'll find a really good one!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment