Saturday, August 27, 2011

"I know every book of mine by its smell, and I have but to put my nose between the pages to be reminded of all sorts of things." -George Robert Gissing

I love this quote.  It's so true, every book has a special smell, and just opening it up and taking a whiff can bring back the memories of the last time you read it.  I love smelling books. :)

So last night was my first night in this apartment.  It's always different to live somewhere unfamiliar at first.  But I know that eventually, I'll be able to sleep right through the machine noise right outside my window and the fear of rolling off the top bunk.

So yesterday, I tried to watch Gilmore Girls, but it made me so homesick I had to stop.  So I went to a bunch of time-wasting websites that always cheer me up somehow.  I'll put the links:  http://dearblankpleaseblank.com/ and http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/ are my favorite.  They are great, but terrible at the same time.  If you are a college student, they can be harmful to homework productivity.  But with Pandora playing, these websites can also be the perfect way to distract yourself from everything.  So enjoy!  Later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment